Thursday, February 17, 2005

Albnay

I did in fact go to Albany with my EDIFY youth group. Despite the fact that I got a TON of things accomplished... I am shocked by my 1.5 hour trip to the NY State Museum. I want to say that it was more intriguing than the Smithsonian. I found a small display on the Holocaust.... and the untold American story. I know many of us have heard of the Japanese camps during WWII. BUt have you heard of the GERMAN JEW camps? Only 50% of the quota for german immigrants were filled during WWII and of all the german jews that escaped to America, the majority were forced to sign documents stating their willingness to be placed in camps and to be sent back to Europe following the war. I am shocked. I can't even describe how horrified I am. I have some pictures that I would like to upload on the subject... but I haven't gotten around to loading the picture viewer thing. I didn't get much of a chance to read any of it, but what I did learn, I can't believe.

No comments: