Monday, January 08, 2007

pyrex?

ok... so guess what.... Becky is finally well enough for longer than a week to get a chance to write TWICE in her blog in one week. Can you believe it?!?!

Break is slowingly coming to an end. Although I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, I feel like I have been given a chance to get back on my feet and start fresh (and with a running start!) with a new semester at school.

This break time has also given me a chance to get back in contact with the many many people that I fell out of contact with. I feel so blessed because so many of my friends are scattered all over the world. Well... its a blessing and a curse. I don't ever want to loose those contacts. Its so much fun to hear from them.

I'm excited to get started on my new classes. I'm taking all sciences. Biology and Chemistry. with lots of labs! I'm also working at my job (Alcohol and Drug awareness coordinator) and hopefully starting a reasearch position on Sol-gels... a special engineered glass. I guess pyrex is one kind. Excepting this kind is expandable when given an organic solevant. weird! My EMS First Responder shifts should start sometime too. yippie!

This sunday I made a presentation with Nicole Smith at church. We are trying to raise funds to go to Mexico on a medical missionary trip with David & Mary Kay Ness and Bertha Guild. It sounds like an amazing oportunity. The scary part is that we are leaving in 6 weeks and I have to pack, like, this week because I won't be home again between now and then. EEEEEE!!

I hope that anyone still reading my blog had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thank you for reading!!!!

No comments: