Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Pride weekend! (Bex-orange)

HAPPY PRIDE!

I went to the parade and had a great time. Unfortunately I didn't make it out to the festival or the clubs but my roommate and I strung up some gay and bi flags in front of our apartment. Not much else to say.

By the way... I LOVE my new transgender therapist. She is awesome. She has even worked with people who are bigender before. Somehow, that makes me feel more legitimate; that I'm not making it up. Its hard when I get tranny-hate mail messages on my blog here.

But on a positive note... my life is really starting to look positive. i've been through a lot these past 3 months with the trauma therapy. I feel like I am whole now and that I have control over my own life, AND a voice. I am what I make of myself and no one or nothing can bring me down like that again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's Andrew in Memphis...

Glad things are looking up and that you've got a therapist you can relate to. Life is too short to be unhappy, I think it's great that you are working through things and working on being the best "you" that you can be...I guess it's kind of "buddhist" of me to say, but I think that's all anyone really has to do....to be happy. Does that make any sense?

Rebecca, you say "Its hard when I get tranny-hate mail messages on my blog." I don't get why people would post something like that here. They should just not read and move on.

You know deep-down I'm just a simple southern boy. I'm not gonna pretend to understand everything you are going through. You've got an amazing spirit and I have no doubt that as you progress on your way, working things out...anybody who isn't there to support you will wish they had been...

Vickie-Bex-Alex said...

thanks Andrew! and yes... that does make sense. :-)